Thursday, January 20, 2011

grand marnier : commercial


Link to Gran Marnier commercial

For me, this commercial has several appeals to it that I can relate back to my own work. I really enjoy the colors and overall aesthetic of the piece, the colors are bright and hold some sort of glamourous and almost vintage look to it. I love the high contrast of a warm red, orange, or yellow combined with a black or white. These colors quote a more 50's and 60's vibe. Also, the commercial has a European or foreign energy to it, creating an even more glamourous aesthetic that many Americans fantasize about when thinking of foreign countries. I admire the overall aesthetic of the animation. Another reason why I enjoy this commercial is for the narrative within it, it is clever and catchy. It has an A-B-A storyline- at the beginning of the commercial it starts with someone picking up the bottle of Gran Marnier off the waiter's platter, and ends with the bottle being placed back on the platter. I enjoy the transitions between scenes and the montage effects that they use for transitioning.

Link to commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment